The Jets managed 178 yards of offense while falling to 1-3 in last Sunday’s loss to the Jaguars Youth Todd Davis Jersey , but the offense found the sledding much easier against the Broncos this week.Isaiah Crowell ran 15 times for 219 yards, Sam Darnold threw three touchdowns and the Jets improved to 2-3 with a 34-16 victory over the Broncos. Bilal Powell added 99 yards on the ground for the Jets, who ended the day with 512 total yards of offense.Wide receiver Robby Anderson was on the receiving end of two Darnold touchdowns and finished with 123 yards after managing just 108 yards through the first four weeks of the season. When you factor in the news that the league won’t be suspending Anderson, it adds up to the best week of the 2018 season for the wideout by a pretty far margin.The Broncos offense put up some nice yardage numbers — they gained 436 — but two garbage time drives helped inflate those numbers. When the game was still at hand early in the second half, they could only muster three punts and a failure to convert on fourth down. Jets defensive end Leonard Williams helped keep the Broncos from putting things together as he came up with 2.5 sacks and other pressures that made life miserable for Case Keenum.Even those last gasps ended poorly for Denver. A Keenum pass into the end zone on the final play of the game was tipped into safety Marcus Maye‘s hands and he returned it 104 yards before Courtland Sutton tackled him just short of the end zone. That wouldn’t have changed the outcome, obviously, but the final score would have better reflected the gap between the two teams.The Jets will try to keep things humming at home against the Colts next Sunday. The Broncos will also be at home Youth Domata Peko Jersey , but ending their three-game losing streak might be a daunting task against the Rams and their former defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.Case Keenum isn’t the answer at quarterback for the Broncos Case Keenum was supposed to be the answer at quarterback. He was supposed to fix the errors we saw with Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler, and Paxton Lynch. He was supposed to help get this team back to the postseason.Yet, nothing has changed. Is this an overreaction? Maybe. Am I just pissed the Broncos blew a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter? Most definitely. However, the facts are the facts. Case Keenum has not been good and the Broncos really have not improved their quarterback position at all.Through the first four games or first quarter of the 2018 NFL season, Case Keenum has thrown for 3 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Over a course of a season that projects out to be 12 touchdowns and 24 interceptions. That is unacceptable. What is even more unacceptable is that Keenum has not thrown for a touchdown since week one of the regular season when he threw 3 touchdowns. He has 0 touchdowns and 1 interception the past three weeks against the Raiders, Ravens White Chris Harris Jr Jersey , and Chiefs.That is your $18 million dollar quarterback Broncos Country. 2017 was a fluke. We may see flashes of that but it appears that Keenum unsurprisingly has fallen back to earth and shown us why he has been a journeyman quarterback throughout his career. Am I saying turn to Chad Kelly? Not yet, but that should be in the cards. Do I think Elway/Kubiak have the stones to pull the plug on their savior this quick? Hell no. This feels like Trevor Siemian all over again, but somehow worse. Siemian was able to pull a four-touchdown game out of his ass sometimes. I don’t see this from Keenum. I see a quarterback with limited arm strength who fails at being anything more than a game manager.How do you miss a wide-open Demaryius Thomas in the final seconds of the 4th quarter in what would be the go-ahead touchdown? He had him and it wasn’t even close. The Broncos passed on Josh Rosen and Josh Allen in the draft for Keenum. Their storylines are only beginning and could ultimately prove to be a costly error in John Elway’s General Managing career.Again, I could be overreacting, but it’s clear Keenum isn’t it. The training camp hype fooled me and it stings. Maybe Chad Kelly can be that guy?
Be the first person to like this